Perfectionism is NOT a good trait. It makes your life stressful!
How, you might wonder is doing things perfectly, a problem? Perfectionism is added pressure you choose to put on yourself and others. The way you do one thing is the way you do most things.
Consider this list, and see if you are there, not only as how you are in work, but in your personal life as well.
• You keep spinning your wheels and are not moving forward.
• You forget that pencils have erasers, and computers have “delete” keys.
• You are rarely happy with yourself.
• Your give yourself less options.
• Your creativity is not able to flow freely, because you judge it before you try out something different that may not yet be perfected.
• You don’t trust those around you to do the job to your standards and end up doing it yourself and giving yourself more work. (and potential burnout!)
• You tend to be judgmental with others, and they know and feel it. They may not feel comfortable being themselves and sharing with you.
• You rarely give yourself the credit you deserve.
• You are tense about how others are going to judge you and expect the worst.
• You tend to procrastinate because you are rarely confident you have done the best job.
• When you judge things, you see the world more in black and white.
• Your standards are higher for yourself than everyone else.
• It’s really hard to relax and let it go.
• If you are being a perfectionist with your eating style, you will miss out on the joys of the foods that “aren’t on your diet” – and then may end up binging when your body takes over and says: YOU WILL EAT THIS!!….
Want to be a Recovering Perfectionist?
Be your own best friend and when you find yourself being perfectionistic. Stop, smile and push the “send” button. Enjoy your life: yes, give it your best, but remember you can always revise anything. You’ll be surprise how much you grow and how much less stressful and more peaceful your life is when you give up perfectionism!
Want to learn ways to break through the blocks that keep you perfectionistic and procrastinating? Sign up for my RSS feed (that way you can read my latest posts and not miss anything!) and my newsletter to learn the newest and best ways!